Sunday, March 29, 2009

Blondies: I'm ready for a Throwdown? ;)

I just finished saying to my husband “Why doesn’t the Food Network ever travel to OUR city or state for that matter! I have seen several episodes of shows like: Rachel Rays’ Tasty Travels, Road Tasted with the Neelys, Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, etc. none of which are shot in Ohio. So I was super excited this week when I saw Bobby take on the founders of Sugardaddy's Sumptuous Sweeties in Columbus, Ohio. This Throwdown inspired my decision to bake a delicious pan of Blondies. I adapted Bobby’s recipe to fit what I had in my pantry at home. The result was DELICIOUS. The next time I am in Columbus I plan to visit Sugardaddy’s Sweeties.

Blondie
1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 sticks butter (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter melted
1 1/2 c light brown sugar
2 large eggs lightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla
11 ounces (one bag) semi-sweet (or milk chocolate) chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish (decrease bake time for metal).
Combine flour, baking powder, salt in bowl, whisk with fork and set aside
Mix melted butter and brown sugar until combined. Crack open eggs in a small bowl and whisk. Add eggs and vanilla to butter and brown sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in dry ingredients using a fork (use spatula on sides of bowl) until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips and pour into prepared pan , smoothing top with spatula.
Bake 25-30 minutes. DO NOT over-bake. Mine took 26 minutes. Top will be golden brown and edges slightly darker.
Cool to room temperature before cutting.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad that you saw our episode of Throwdown. We'd love to have you visit us at Sugardaddy's NEW Retail Store in Columbus (Lewis Center) at 1329 Cameraon Avenue @ Polaris Parkway. You can also visit us online anytime at www.sugardaddys.com.

Cassie said...

That was a great episode! Sugardaddy's is actually just down the street from where I work, and if I'd know beforehand that Bobby Flay was doing a Throwdown there I would have been in that crowd! (I have a huge crush on Bobby Flay.) Sugardaddy's is delicious! If I remember correctly, you can even order online...

Ashleigh said...

Hi Cassie-

I would have been there too! It is only about 1 hr 15 minutes from where I live. DEFINITELY worth a little drive to see Bobby (I share in your crush :) )

Mark posted the website and I did check it out. I have a party planned for May and I know where I am ordering some favor goodies from!

Stacie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacie said...

That's so cool that Throwdown was so close to you guys. I live near Chicago and know he's been here to make pizza. Those blondies look great! I think blondies are really my fav brownie type treat :)

www.katskitchen.wordpress.com